Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tour de Southern Utah

At the end of June, Kel, my Mom & I headed up I-15 [my love/hate relationship with that road continues] to visit S. Utah. First stop was Kanab to see my Grandpa & his latest quilt creations:



Next it was north of Highway 89. Love this section of highway. The sights are BEAUTIFUL:




Our next stop was our annual visit to Panguitch for the Balloon Festival. We once again joined the Soper/Honey families who treat us like one of their own. We stayed at the new Honey Homestead where Keller played pool to his heart's content. 

Our first event was the Motorcyle Parade - which probably took a whooping 93 seconds down one-side of the street & returning back up the other.....






The rest of Saturday was spent downtown in Panguitch [where Josh complained of the 'traffic', I laughed just having been in LA 2 days earlier] at the vendor's booths, over playing with all the kids at the Soper's & hanging out.

 We took all the kids to our favorite movie theater/icecream shop:


 Keller & Kenzie pulling faces:

And then it was time for the main event - The Glow:






Sunday morning we got up a bit early to go find the balloons in the sky:







Burton & Keller were a great combo - chipping golf balls in the yard, conducting 'flag ceremony' everyday & playing pool:

And how could I let a post go by without food.....
The wonderous syrup which makes a delicious 'Dirty' Dr. Pepper - found at most of the gas stations in Panguitch. 
 There's also a new bakery in Panguitch which makes the most increditble Raspberry Lime donut:

We packed up from Panguitch & headed over Cedar Mountain via Cedar Breaks:

Saw our Marchant family & shared quality cousin time:

And then we headed back to Kanab to make our journey back home again. 

Entirely glad I've spent a good part of my life in S. Utah. I love the backroads [my Grandpa taught me you never go the same way twice] & the red rocks. 


No comments: