Monday, September 24, 2012

September 2012

Been watching: Shipping Wars, Flip Men, Leverage,  Restaurant Impossible. My boys are also VERY HAPPY that NFL football is back.
Been listening: Pontoon by Little Big Town - just makes you want to enjoy summer a bit long ; The Killers & Brandon Flowers - Only the Young is my all-time favorite ; Imagine Dragons ; anything John Mayer ; soundtrack from The Words - beautiful!
......................................................
I've 'dropped out' of my real life again. Friends & family - LOVE YOU - but I'll have to catch back up with you after Thanksgiving. It's high travel season for this college recruiter. Last week I was in the sprawling metropolis of Bakersfield,  an afternoon in charming Visalia & back to traffic in LA. This week it's Vegas overnight, Temecula & Perris. Lots of listening to podcasts & new playlists. Rackin' up the Marriott points where I can.
..................................................
Chad is back to school in FULL swing.  2 classes during the week + a LOT of weekend classes & commitments. A dear friend told me that year 2 of graduate school can be the pits.  He is just putting on a smile and trying to get through all the hoops.
....................................................
September is HOT in San Diego. We broke 100 degrees a week or two back. Friends in other parts of the country are posting on FB about fall colors & crispness in the air. It's just hot & humid & still ruining all hopes of a good hair day.

No comments: