Monday, July 11, 2011

First Love

While Chad & I were out of town for a few days last week, Keller stayed with the Hughes' family.
Kenzie is almost 6. Keller is 4 1/2.

One night, as Amy [Kenzie's mom] was getting Keller to bed & Kenzie was out of the room, Keller said, giggling the entire time,
"You know what Amy, Kenzie could be my girlfriend."

A conversation had also occurred the week before in Panguitch after Keller & Kenzie had played together the entire day. Kenzie had gone downstairs for something while Keller was outside kicking the ball with Amy. Keller abruptly stopped the game & said,
"Oh, I have to go. Kenzie invited me downstairs in a few minutes. I don't know what we're going to do...but I better go check it out."
We adults had a good laugh at the innocence -- and worried if we would hear this line 10 years from now.

No comments: