Tuesday, October 4, 2011

SUU Adventures on the Road - Fall '11 Edition


I often write of my crazy adventures in college-recruitment-land. Parents, students & other recruiters are a bit comical. Here's my Fall '11 edition:

*While at a college fair a few weeks back I met the most OCD recruiter E V E R. She proceeded to build a barrier of chairs around the back of the table during our college fair so no students could come in her personal space. She also used hand sanitizer after nearly every student. She also got very flustered when students would mess up her neat stacks of brochures.

I secretly wanted to sneeze on her brochures.
...........................................................................................................
Recently, while in Orange County, I saw more boob jobs & face lifts on the mothers than I did in 6 years in Las Vegas. Most of the mothers couldn't even show me an expression on their face due to their love affair of Botox.
...........................................................................................................
My favorite questions:

Question: "Is your ____________ [insert Psychology, Business, Dance, etc.] program any good?"
My real answer: "Why yes, it is. _________________ [Insert said fact about Psychology, Business, Dance program]. "
What I want to say: "No, it sucks. Ask a better question." [To clarify - none of SUU's programs suck. I just want the students to think outside the box.]

*Question: [upon seeing my tablecloth which says, Southern UTAH University] "Is this in Utah?"
My real answer: "Why yes, we are located in Cedar City - approximately 2 hours north of Las Vegas."
What I want to say: "No, Michigan. Ask a better question."
............................................................................................................
I live out of my car. You can find various jackets, nametags, info cards, remnants of lunch & always an empty Dr. Pepper can.
............................................................................................................

By the way -- If you are a lover of everything SUU - check out TBird Nation. It's a great blog written by current students who share all their crazy SUU experiences -- from Justin Beiber to T-Bird football to the Pastry Pub -- It's fun to see they are having the same rockin' time we all did a few years back.


No comments: