Off to the land of sun & surf for our annual family vacation with our little fam, my sweet Mom & hilarious sidekick of a friend Kimmy.
My Mom finds us great places to stay with Homeaway.com - a full-size house for the week where we all get our own room, a pool out back & comfort galore! Thank you Mom!
We got in:
- Angels Baseball. Best part of the day was when Keller got to run the bases at the end of the game. MLB - Watch out!
- Huntington Beach. Love the pier. Love the sand. Love the surfers.
- Huntington Tuesday Night Out: They close the main drag & have great food, entertainment & vendors.
- Huntington State Beach Park. Keller could have cared less for the water -- it was all about the sand. He could roll in it, build sandcastles, play every sport imaginable, be buried in it, etc. The kid was in heaven!
- Coronado Island. The very place where Chad 'found' a gorgeous engagement ring for me in the water nearly 8 years ago.
- La Jolla Cove. Lots of seals, crabs & sea life.
- A trip to another hot spot from 'Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives' - Hob Nob Hill in San Diego. We took in an early dinner with the rest of the senior community - We were the youngest people in the joint by decades. Food was good. Jazzies parked in the lobby were even better!
- A great visit with our friends - the Spencer's.