Friday, November 23, 2007

Target 5:59AM


Once in everyone's life -- You must get up before the sun is even thinking about coming up -- and head to your local superstore and partake in the pure chaos that is Black Friday. My crazy friend Kimmy talked me into heading down to St. George from Cedar City this morning at 4:45AM to hit the sale at Target. We arrived through the snow [yes, that powdery white stuff I love to forget about in Las Vegas] and began our line waiting at 5:30AM. Target opened at 6AM and it was a pure grabfest! So hilarious how people get worked up and become insane for those first moments as they sprint through the doors to that prized 'Guitar Heroes 3' package or that blessed bigger-than-life big screen with LCD, HD, CD, DVD, tape player and maybe even 8-track player! It was pure chaos -- but we had a ball! We got in, threw some elbows, got some great deals -- and got out! Happy Shopping to all -- and to all a good night!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Ah yes...black friday! Cody got up at 5am and went to Sears to get us an AWESOME christmas tree. He got to the tree section 5 min after they opened and they were already out of the advertised trees, so they gave Cody the next step up for the same price. NICE! Gotta love it. Kimmy would be the PERFECT black friday shopping partner, I might add. Glad you had fun.

Lenzi Woodbury said...

I can't believe you did it!! I'm so proud! My Mom and I talked about it....even got so far as to look through the paper for good deals....then we were completely ok with not going when went to bed at midnight that night. :) We keep telling ourselves that someday we'll do it....there's always next year!!

Kimberly said...

You are very brave....yes very brave! I have done all of my shopping so far, ONLINE!! No crowds!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Dana, its me Tami Henrikson. I love you i found you and had to get our website going before i could comment on your page. I loved that you came down here to St. George to do the DO. Black Friday. Is that Kimmy the one from college. I love it is this picture from the news or something. Check us out. Love Tami

Anonymous said...

I remember a few times when I was on the other side of black friday at the very Target you were at--oh, I don't miss it AT ALL!

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! I love Cedar (even the snow, sometimes!)

The Funderburks said...

Dana, you are so darling. I don't know that I will EVER be a black Friday girl...just not my style! But, I really love the thought of you and Kimmy checkin' it out! You guys are great. I'm sorry we didn't see you this weekend - we literally went to St. George (or Vegas) every single day.

Ence's said...

You brave woman you. I usually wait until around 11 to go, which means most things are already sold out. :)

Kaydee said...

You are very brave...Paul and I did it last year, I am not sure if we will do it again!

AshleyS said...

You're nuts...you have such determination when it comes to bargain shopping. I wish you would have worn off on me more. And I LOVE the turkey bowl with Chad and Kel...too cute! We miss you guys!!!!

Amanda said...

Yay for Black Friday!!! Glad you got yourself some good deals!!!