Sunday, August 31, 2014

UD Retreat: Ocean City, Maryland

In late May, I traveled back to UD's campus as part of the Admission Team's Annual Retreat. We actually went 'off-site' & headed to Ocean City, Maryland.

I had the weekend prior to sightsee with my colleague - Jackie - who showed me the sights of Baltimore & Annapolis, Maryland. 
Baltimore Harbor




Did you know that the Star Spangled Banner was written in Baltimore?
 Next stop: Annapolis
The word I kept saying all day: CHARMING

Maryland State Capitol



Chapel at the US Naval Academy



Had the best jalapeno/cinnamon rolls at brunch at a great little place called Miss Shirley's
Then, it was 'back to work' in Ocean City, Maryland where our actual retreat was held. But really, who wants to see pictures of a conference room?

Here's the 'after hours' fun:




Our resort


One night we went Mini Golfing. There were about 25 places to choose from - apparently East Coast beach towns take their mini golf very serious. 

And I tried my first Maryland crab dinner ... Thanks to co-workers who laughed thru teaching me how to break into the crab. 



Half of the UD Admissions Team

Doug, Me & Danny trying a fried Oreo




No comments: