Sunday, June 13, 2010

Memorial Day / Grand Canyon

My husband had never been to the Grand Canyon. My husband, who grew up in Southern Utah, just a few hours away, had never seen this wonder of the world.

Hence, we loaded up the cars [separately - me & Kel coming from Cedar City from a work project @ SUU & Chad & my Mom from Las Vegas] & headed for my grandparent's home in Kanab, UT. I spent 4 years growing up in Kanab & think it is one of the most beautiful places - surrounded by red rock on all sides.

Saturday morning we began our adventure by finding deer on the side of the road on our way to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We found the Grand Canyon Lodge & partook of these amazing views:





We spent some time in the Lodge -- Uncle Curtis recommended a nap on the comfy couches:


We also found some awesome items in the gift shop:

A lovely children's book for that young veterinarian:

For the young hippy:

We also took a drive to a few of the other scenic views:



We finished the weekend with a little fun back at the Kanab City Park:
And a little reading of the Sunday newspaper:


We had an excellent weekend of seeing the sites & the family. We also got to celebrate my Grandma's 84th birthday.

No comments: