Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Panguitch Balloon Rally '09


Took a trip to the metropolis of Panguitch, UT for their annual Balloon Rally with my friend Kimmy. A majority of Kimmy's family is from Panguitch so Keller & I got the Soper hospitality while there!

The Balloon Rally was awesome. Highlights included:

*The coresponding Motorcycle Rally during the weekend. Makes for an interesting & fun crowd! There was actually a Motorcycle Parade on Saturday -- a whole 3 minutes long headed up Main Street followed by 3 minutes headed down Main Street. [All parades in Panguitch make the loop. Hilarious!]

*Street Festival Saturday night where they shut down Main Street and blow up abobut 20 balloons in the cool night air.

*Locals sporting their "I Love Panguitch" t-shirts

*Lots of great people watching filled with bad fake tans & over-peroxided hair.

*Great meals at Grandma & Grandpa Soper's house. Keller has now adopted them.

2 comments:

The Funderburks said...

Fun fun! I love how Keller's mouth is always wide open!

Dana, I am preparing a PPT for counselor days on scholarships. I have in my notes "Dana". I am not sure why!? Any insights? Also, I would love your help with a creative topic rather than "Scholarships". Any ideas? Thanks, Nicole

Jeanine said...

Gotta love the small town celebrations! We are in Blanding for the BIG 4th of July extravaganza!!! I'll be sure to give you the run down that I know you are waiting for! :) I know how much you love the small town gatherings! Man I wish we wore I Love Blanding shirts!