I had a quick overnight trip to the lovely Ely, Nevada for SUU this weekend. Can't say it's one of my favorite trips, but I did find a few favorite things.....
My Favorite Things About Ely:
1. My Motel: This place was a GEM!
I think this switch is circa 1965.
Check out that tile!
Thanks Great Grandma Goose for donating this lovely wallhanging in 1979.
2. The cute high school junior who checked me into my motel room. When he asked me for my home address and asked if my zip code was '89123', I said "No, My zip is 89***'." He said, "Oh yeah, Las Vegas has like 4 zip codes now, huh?" Nice try my friend -- Try about 24!
3. This sign on one of the lonliest stretches of highway:
4. Having 2 options for dinner after 8PM on a Sunday night: Arbys & McDonalds. French fries here I come!
5. Getting reaccqainted with some old CDs that I hadn't listened to in years since I had an 8 hour round trip.
Luckily -- There were some beautiful fall colors in Pahrangat Valley that added some variety to large boulders, dirt & lonely road.