Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Everybody Cut, Everybody Cut...."

Ya know those movies that you secretly love, but unless pressed, will not publicly admit that you watch it whenever you are home alone?

I love the classic 1980's Footloose. You cannot argue with a young Kevin Bacon dancin' his Nike sneakers off! This is what you gotta love about Footloose:

-Who wouldn't want to name their son Ren?

-Everytime you drive by the Lehi Roller Mills on I-15, you should put your dancin' shoes on.

-You secretly practiced your dance moves to 'Let's Hear It for the Boy' in the cornfields!

-How did Sarah Jessica Parker go from buying a Coke at the local burger bar to buying Manolo Blahniks in Sex and the City?

-Who had the Kevin Bacon haircut?

-Gotta love the music! I also secretly love Kenny Loggins, especially 'Heaven Helps the Man' from Footloose.

-Just how do you stand between two moving vehicles haulin' down a 2-lane country highway and live to dance the next scene?

-The classic tagline for the movie: One kid. One town. One chance.


Kel was a bit under the weather today so he & I spent a majority of our day in the rocking chair. After so many episodes of Elmo, I needed a break-- thus my love for Footloose was renewed!


By the way -- a remake is rescheduled for 2009 starring Zac Effron. Sad they can't leave a classic alone!

3 comments:

The Funderburks said...

Dana, you are too cute. O love your taste in music an movies and I always have. Those cheeeeeesey burgers look so good. Were they?

The Funderburks said...

Meant to say I love...

Lenzi Woodbury said...

I have a confession my dear friend Dana: I have NEVER seen Footloose.... I know you are just shocked right now...it's ok, it's something I've always intended to do but I've just never gotten around to it....

Maybe next "FREE girl's night?" :)